RE: [nslu2-general] Proftpd fails to be accessible from outside LAN

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2005
      Stock syslogd: /var/log/* (I use syslog-ng and look at /opt/var/log/auth.log
      and /opt/var/log/syslog, but that is due to my setup). Both xinetd and
      proftpd writes to the syslog (depending on setup). Since proftpd does not
      log anything, it is probably xinetd that filters the connections away. Check
      the logs and you may learn why (again, set the debug option to xinetd if
      not).

      best,

      -- Inge