Re: D-Link DSM-320 and media servers (Twonky)

  • lance_benson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30 7:56 AM
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
      <i.b.arnesen@f...> wrote:
      > Dear all,
      >
      > I made a terrible mistake recently (I suddendly came into some
      cash and just
      > _had_ to spend it). I bought a D-Link DSM-320 to replace my XBOX
      as media
      > center in the mistaken belief that it could.
      > So my questions are:
      > - Have anyone any experience with Twonkyvision server vs. D-Link
      DSM-320?

      I am running Twonkyvision 2.9 on an unslung 5.5 slug, and serving a
      DSM-320. I have no problems serving music, including internet radio-
      -no dropped connections wirelessly like I had with the Netgear MP101
      (which I'm happy with wired) (tho I also upgraded my wireless router
      from the Netgear WGR614 to the Netgear Rangemax WPN824--a good
      switch for my circumstances).

      I have no problem with jpg files, and certain .MOV files, but I've
      been unsuccessful with some AVI files that I've tried to play, but
      this may be because I'm running wirelessly. I don't use the video
      aspect very much because I don't have many sample files.