Is it possible to do UpnP forwarding with Linksys WRT54G router

  • chandersawh
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2005
      Yes/No, if yes how?
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2005
        On 8/30/05, chandersawh <chandersawh@...> wrote:

        > Yes/No, if yes how?

        Why would you ask this question on an NSLU2 mailing list?
        You'd have a better chance of getting an answer if you were to ask that
        question on a wrt54g-related mailing list or forum.
        -- Rod

      • chandersawh
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2005
          Because I am using this router with my NSLU2. It's a popular router
          that many people use.

          I need to forward all port 80 bound traffic to port 900 internally to
          access mythttd server running on the NSLU2. This can be done via UpNP
          forwarding.

          Thanks

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <list.yahoo@r...> wrote:
          > On 8/30/05, chandersawh <chandersawh@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Yes/No, if yes how?
          >
          > Why would you ask this question on an NSLU2 mailing list?
          > You'd have a better chance of getting an answer if you were to ask
          that
          > question on a wrt54g-related mailing list or forum.
          > -- Rod

        • Robert Hammond
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
            In message <df03ss+djfv@...>, chandersawh
            <chandersawh@...> writes
            >Because I am using this router with my NSLU2. It's a popular router
            >that many people use.
            >
            >I need to forward all port 80 bound traffic to port 900 internally to
            >access mythttd server running on the NSLU2. This can be done via UpNP
            >forwarding.

            Looking through the latest online manual suggest that port forwarding
            across ports is not supported with the WRT54G.

            Suggest that if you want to use port 80 then you will have to
            re-configure the NSLU2 admin pages to use a non standard web port then
            configure mythttpd to use port 80.
            --
            Robert Hammond
            PGP:0x154144DA