NSLU2 Software Issues/Bugs

  • Shanna Neumann
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2004
      I have used this device for several weeks and my 2 biggest problems
      are:

      (1) One of my main uses for the NSLU2 is to act as a multimedia
      server with all of my music, pictures and video files. I have over
      500 folders with 10-50 files in each of them. However, when accessing
      the NSLU2 through internet explorer, it only shows the first 30 or so
      folders (with the files within) rather than the 500+ folders that are
      actually there; and

      (2) I can not get "Shares" to work on Disk 2 (they work fine on Disk
      1).

      I think these are both firmware problems that might be fixed in
      future versions, but does anyone else have these problems, or is it
      just me? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks
    • WRT54G.yg@datmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2004
        > (1) One of my main uses for the NSLU2 is to act as a multimedia
        > server with all of my music, pictures and video files. I have over
        > 500 folders with 10-50 files in each of them. However, when accessing
        > the NSLU2 through internet explorer, it only shows the first 30 or so
        > folders (with the files within) rather than the 500+ folders that are
        > actually there; and

        I would doubt that the native Linksys firmware will ever be enhanced enough
        to be able to modify this default behavior in the web display. I think
        you'll have to use one of the custom linux builds for the NSLU2 once a more
        stable version comes out of the NSLU2-linux group.

        > (2) I can not get "Shares" to work on Disk 2 (they work fine on Disk
        > 1).
        >
        > I think these are both firmware problems that might be fixed in
        > future versions, but does anyone else have these problems, or is it
        > just me? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks

        This sounds like a permissions issue, have you verified that you have the
        permission set correctly on Disk2? What is your windows logon? Is that login
        ID/pass is the NSLU2's config? Are the permissions for that user set
        properly?

        David Troesch | Atlanta, GA | ICQ# 2333123
        Carpe Diem - "Seize the Day"
        Funstuff: 90% of the time I'm right, so why worry about the other 3%?