NSLU2 + LaCie 320Gb worked flawlessly and now "unslung"

  • ian_d_white
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2004
      Hi All,

      First posting from me.

      NSLU2, (Linksys V2.3R24 firmware
      + LaCie 320Gb big disk (model 300719)
      has worked flawlessly for a week

      And I have just successfully "unslung" it
      using 1.11-beta binary firmware

      I have also tried (unsucessfully) using

      1) 250Mb external ZIP 250 drive made by Iomega
      Device recognised (on Drive 2), format started
      but failed to complete (format failure reported)

      2) 2Gb JAZ drive (SCSI) + Adaptec SCSI-to-USB2.0 adaptor
      USB device not even recognised/detected

      3) 6-in-1 flash memory card reader
      (with cards in both of the slots usually presented
      as the low-order drive letters usually detected by XP
      Again USB device not detected

      I was initially going to use this device exclusively
      for backup purposes.

      But it is working so well, I am considering using it
      as primary (networked) filestore and then "pushing" backups
      back out to partitions on 4 individual PCs

      I hope you are all getting similar "joy" out of your NSLU2s

      Cheers
      Ian W.