Unslung Scripts

  • Aaron Hoyt
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18 8:24 AM
      I upgraded from 3.18 to 5.5 recently. I migrated, removed, reinstalled my
      packages and set them up again.
      Most notably vsftp was a trick. When I set up the /unslung/rc.xinetd script
      I misspelled etc as ect. The error showed when trying to FTP, I found the
      error and fixed it. The problem did not go away, in fact, I restarted
      xinetd, still same error, restarted slug, same error, shut off slug and
      restarted, same error. Then I created /opt/ect and cp the vsftp files to
      there. Suddenly it was working.
      Can anyone explain why this typo insists on affecting the slug even though I
      have corrected it and verified the correction in both /unslung and
      /share/hdd/unslung. Is there some other place this is stored? I know the
      script is being called as I added another line with an error and then
      corrected it and the error went away. This typo is frustrating.
      Any help is appreciated.

      Aaron
    • neilcarthy
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25 5:40 AM
        Examine /etc/inet.conf to see if the typo is in there. if it is then
        edit it directly and reboot.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Hoyt" <aaron.hoyt@v...>
        wrote:
        > I upgraded from 3.18 to 5.5 recently. I migrated, removed,
        reinstalled my
        > packages and set them up again.
        > Most notably vsftp was a trick. When I set up
        the /unslung/rc.xinetd script
        > I misspelled etc as ect. The error showed when trying to FTP, I
        found the
        > error and fixed it. The problem did not go away, in fact, I
        restarted
        > xinetd, still same error, restarted slug, same error, shut off slug
        and
        > restarted, same error. Then I created /opt/ect and cp the vsftp
        files to
        > there. Suddenly it was working.
        > Can anyone explain why this typo insists on affecting the slug even
        though I
        > have corrected it and verified the correction in both /unslung and
        > /share/hdd/unslung. Is there some other place this is stored? I
        know the
        > script is being called as I added another line with an error and
        then
        > corrected it and the error went away. This typo is frustrating.
        > Any help is appreciated.
        >
        > Aaron
      • Aaron Hoyt
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29 1:30 PM
          Thank you,
          It was there, and I have fixed it. I really appreciate the help.
          Aaron

          wrote:
          > I upgraded from 3.18 to 5.5 recently. I migrated, removed,
          reinstalled my
          > packages and set them up again.
          > Most notably vsftp was a trick. When I set up
          the /unslung/rc.xinetd script
          > I misspelled etc as ect. The error showed when trying to FTP, I
          found the
          > error and fixed it. The problem did not go away, in fact, I
          restarted
          > xinetd, still same error, restarted slug, same error, shut off slug
          and
          > restarted, same error. Then I created /opt/ect and cp the vsftp
          files to
          > there. Suddenly it was working.
          > Can anyone explain why this typo insists on affecting the slug even
          though I
          > have corrected it and verified the correction in both /unslung and
          > /share/hdd/unslung. Is there some other place this is stored? I
          know the
          > script is being called as I added another line with an error and
          then
          > corrected it and the error went away. This typo is frustrating.
          > Any help is appreciated.
          >
          > Aaron

          Yahoo! Groups Links