Re: More on apache with beta 5.5

  • caplink811
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2 8:29 AM
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "stuartriley05"
      <stuart_riley@s...> wrote:

      Hi,

      > also seem to need to install "openldap". As soon as I use ipkg to
      > install openldap apache configures correctly. Is this a bug or does

      ..or openldap-libs if you don't need the full package.

      There seems to be a problem with the depencies in the apache-package,
      in theory ipkg should resolve all depencies from the package, and
      install all missed packages.

      bye
      JrB
    • Dale VanZile
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2 3:39 PM
        caplink811 wrote:

        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "stuartriley05"
        > <stuart_riley@s...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > > also seem to need to install "openldap". As soon as I use ipkg to
        > > install openldap apache configures correctly. Is this a bug or does
        >
        > ..or openldap-libs if you don't need the full package.
        >
        > There seems to be a problem with the depencies in the apache-package,
        > in theory ipkg should resolve all depencies from the package, and
        > install all missed packages.

        Another idea: if you're not using LDAP for anything on your Slug, you
        could comment out the lines in httpd.conf that include it, and you'll
        save a bit of RAM when httpd forks itself into the gaggle of spare
        instances it needs to work well. I have LDAP (and a couple other things
        I'm not using) commented out and it seems to run a bit faster that way.

        HTH!

        C ya,
        Dutch