Diskproblems with Beta 5.5

  • Mattias
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hi, i have problems with usbdisk and Beta 5.5.
      I recently was able to get the nslu booting with hd attached with help
      from this list.(Rod)

      Now when I don´t access the web or the shares for about 2-3 minutes, I
      get problems.
      I cannot reboot by pressing the button, I have to unplug the powercord
      to get it to boot again.
      I get a warning that says this: "ERROR Fail to get disk information."
      The disk is recognised as I see this info in HOME: Disk 1: Ready,
      18593MB (100% Free)
      As soon as I access the Administration area I get "ERROR Fail to get
      disk information"
      When I log into the User login (Private Data) its totally empty.
      I seem to be able to access the disk1 share without problems.
      I have tried with two independent disks, and the same problem arises.

      Thanks for any help.

      Best regards Mattias
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        On 8/2/05, Mattias <mattias@...> wrote:
        > I get a warning that says this: "ERROR Fail to get disk information."

        That's usually indicative of a corrupted SysConf partition. See the
        HowTo/ResetSysConf wiki page and see if that works. You will need to
        fool the slug into thinking that you've formatted a disk in it after
        that. I think there is a page on how to do that too (without having
        to actually format the disk). In the worst case, you fool it by
        formatting a different drive, and then swapping them when the slug is
        turned off.

        -- Rod