Re: [nslu2-general] NSLU2_V23R63[Scanned]

  • John Rotert
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
      <Greg, where did you see this release?>

      I'm not Greg, but if you navigate down through the Linksys downloads for the
      NSLU2, select "Firmware", then select the link "Download Firmware". A file
      named "NSLU2_V23R63.zip" will download. IF you go diectly to their FTP
      site, it's not there.

      John

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 10, 2005
        you can download the firmware from linksys.org. it's on the front
        page with big letters - NSLU2 Firmware Updated - Now with NTFS and FAT
        support!

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "John Rotert" <jdrotert@n...> wrote:
        > <Greg, where did you see this release?>
        >
        > I'm not Greg, but if you navigate down through the Linksys downloads
        for the
        > NSLU2, select "Firmware", then select the link "Download Firmware".
        A file
        > named "NSLU2_V23R63.zip" will download. IF you go diectly to their FTP
        > site, it's not there.
        >
        > John

      • Rod Whitby
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 10, 2005
          On 8/11/05, etherkidd <etherkidd@...> wrote:
          > you can download the firmware from linksys.org. it's on the front
          > page with big letters - NSLU2 Firmware Updated - Now with NTFS and FAT
          > support!

          Before anyone asks, there is no source code released yet, so we are
          unable to update Unslung to include that functionality.

          -- Rod
        • etherkidd
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 10, 2005
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <list.yahoo@r...> wrote:
            > On 8/11/05, etherkidd <etherkidd@y...> wrote:
            > > you can download the firmware from linksys.org. it's on the front
            > > page with big letters - NSLU2 Firmware Updated - Now with NTFS and FAT
            > > support!
            >
            > Before anyone asks, there is no source code released yet, so we are
            > unable to update Unslung to include that functionality.
            >
            > -- Rod

            I cannot wait for the update. I hope it is soon.
          • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 11, 2005
              On 8/11/05, etherkidd <etherkidd@...> wrote:
              >> you can download the firmware from linksys.org. it's on the front
              >> page with big letters - NSLU2 Firmware Updated - Now with NTFS and FAT
              >> support!

              > Before anyone asks, there is no source code released yet,
              > so we are unable to update Unslung to include that functionality.

              I was thinking about something else: if they indeed use the Paragon drivers
              for NTFS (the GPLed NTFS support for 2.4 isn't very good as I recall), it
              will most probably not be in the source release anyway since it is not GPL.
              This might just be speculations, but they are not that wild. Knowing the
              Unslung policy of not challenging intellectual property rights, this might
              have some implications.

              As a Norwegian I'm pretty innocent when it comes to law (we don't sue much
              over here), but there might be others who can consider the viability of an
              individual NSLU2 owner copying the Paragon driver (which I guess she has the
              right to use as a NSLU2 owner) from her Linksys image onto her Unslung
              image. It might not work technically (might even be compiled into the
              Linksys kernel), but it could offer a way for individual users to keep up
              with Linksys features while using Unslung and it might even work with 5.5.
              Maybe the licence information provided by the new Linksys firmware binary
              can give some hints wrt. the legality of such an approach. Anyone care to
              explore this?

              best,

              -- Inge
            • Clair Johnston
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 12, 2005
                Just updated my nlsu2 to the v23r63 release. It does support fat32 file
                systems, additionally it support multiple partitions per drive. On a
                whim, I plugged in a hub with 2 drives, and by-golly it supports a hub
                with 2 drives attached. Not sure how many drives it will support as I
                have run out of drives for the moment.

                Clair

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 13, 2005