NSLU2_V23R63

  • gregorybeat
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2005
      I noticed that Cisco/Linksys current firmware is NSLU2_V23R63

      There are no specific notes on Release 63 in the text file, BUT
      I notice that this version correctly recognizes NTFS/FAT drive
      attached to the Disk 1 USB port - and woudl access it.
      IF you format that drive from the NSLU2 Admin menu - it formats the
      drive as EXT3.

      Any other quirks noticed?

      g. beat
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2005
        On 7/31/05, gregorybeat <gregory.beat@...> wrote:
        > I noticed that Cisco/Linksys current firmware is NSLU2_V23R63
        >
        > There are no specific notes on Release 63 in the text file, BUT
        > I notice that this version correctly recognizes NTFS/FAT drive
        > attached to the Disk 1 USB port - and woudl access it.
        > IF you format that drive from the NSLU2 Admin menu - it formats the
        > drive as EXT3.

        Anyone seen source code for it ye? That's the trigger for including
        it's functionality in Unslung.

        -- Rod
      • Philip Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
          On 1 Aug 2005, at 00:16, Rod Whitby wrote:

          > Anyone seen source code for it ye? That's the trigger for including
          > it's functionality in Unslung.

          Nope, doesn't look like it's been released yet.
          ftp://ftp.linksys.com/opensourcecode/nslu2/ contains only R24, R25 &
          R29.
          Want me to get on their case? :-)

          Also, what's warranted such a high release number? I could understand
          if it was 40 or maybe even 50... but 63?

          {EDIT: I actually *can't* seem to find a R63 anywhere, not on the
          website or the FTP site - and my mac indexes the latter... Greg,
          where did you see this release?}

          > -- Rod

          Regards,
          --