Re: NSLU2 dropping off of network

  • w5sdc
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2004
      > I just got an NSLU2 and flashed it with the 2.3R25 firmware. The
      box keeps dropping on and off the network. If I open a ping window
      about 50% of the pings drop. I'm using the cable and the balun that
      came with the NSLU2.

      Is your NSLU2 plugged into a switch or hub? Apparently this box
      experiences or causes alot of collisions if plugged into a hub.
    • Todd O. Klindt
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22, 2004
        It's plugged into an Allied Telesyn 24 port rack mount switch. I
        could plug it into my DLink 624+ and see if it fairs any better, I
        suppose.

        tk

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 22, 2004
          I just plugged it into my DLink 624+ and it's behaving exactly the
          same way. I guess I'm calling Linksys.

          tk
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Todd O. Klindt" <nslu2@k...>
          wrote:
          > It's plugged into an Allied Telesyn 24 port rack mount switch. I
          > could plug it into my DLink 624+ and see if it fairs any better, I
          > suppose.
          >
          > tk
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "w5sdc" <steve@w...> wrote:
          > > > I just got an NSLU2 and flashed it with the 2.3R25 firmware.
          The
          > > box keeps dropping on and off the network. If I open a ping
          window
          > > about 50% of the pings drop. I'm using the cable and the balun
          > that
          > > came with the NSLU2.
          > >

          > > Is your NSLU2 plugged into a switch or hub? Apparently this box
          > > experiences or causes alot of collisions if plugged into a hub.
        • Chad
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1 9:46 AM
            Yeah I've got some bizarre network problems too with the nslu2. I have
            a wireless internet router/hub. I then have a switch attached to that
            hub. I put the NSLU2 on either the switch or on the hub, and my WinXP
            computers just randomly lose network connectivity. Then when they
            reboot they can't aquire an IP address via DHCP. If I power down the
            NSLU2, and then do an ipconfig /renew they then get the address.
            Basically this unit seems to be able to single handedly take down my
            network. If I power it up, downloads will hault, internet games will
            disconnect and computers fail to get their IP's, and the world
            crumbles. Did anyone ever hear back from Linksys on this?