Does one need to wipe the Unslung disk after 're-flashing' ?

  • rian_ata
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2005
      Short piece of history:

      - had Linksys firmware 2.3R25
      - unslung with 4.2beta
      - installed mt-daapd (succes)
      - installed ssh (succes)
      - installed cups (succes, although printer wouldn't work)
      - installed mc (succes)
      - unslung with 5.5beta
      - installed samba3 (no succes)

      After installing samba v3 I wanted to 'disable' the standard v2
      version. Did everything that's listed in http://www.nslu2-
      linux.org/wiki/Unslung/Samba however after creating the links my
      password file was 0 bytes all of a sudden as well as the conf file.
      I tried to recreate passwords, users but to no avail. I couldn't get
      to my shared file anymore through my local network. Strangly, mt-
      daapd still worked sharing mp3 files.

      I decided to start all over again:
      - flashed Linksys firmware 2.3R29
      - flashed unslung firmware 5.5beta

      Now my question is, should I first wipe everything on my former
      unslung drive (except for the mp3 collection) and then start the
      unsling process, or should I just unsling and will all existing
      files be overwritten?