Re: [nslu2-general] Problem running SerComm utility

  • Kai Steinbach
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2005
      Hello Nick

      On 03/07/05, greatcockup <nick_CLAY@...> wrote:
      [ship]
      > link. It is called "Upgrade_207_XP.exe" and is 898kb. Can someone
      > confirm this is the right file

      file name is ok.
      mine is 898 KB, too: 920,119 bytes.
      I suggest download again. and/or try to install the one you have on
      some other / someone else's computer.

      > It seems to work a treat for everone else. Also, will my slug come to
      > any harm flashing away red/green in upgrade mode? Should I just leave
      > it like that till I'm sorted with Sercomm, or should I pull the plug?

      Not sure ... I have read before that once you are in Upgrade mode, you
      have to upgrade. But this is very vague memory ... someone else please
      help.

      I'd like to recommend RedBoot upgrade. That worked for me...

      Kai
    • greatcockup
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2005
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kai Steinbach
        <kai.steinbach@g...> wrote:

        > file name is ok.
        > mine is 898 KB, too: 920,119 bytes.
        > I suggest download again. and/or try to install the one you have on
        > some other / someone else's computer.

        Thanks, Kai. That's what I did in the end. It installed fine on my
        partner's PC and did the upgrade over the wireless network without
        any
        problem. I've read that it can be problematic over wireless, but I
        got
        away with it. Still puzzled why I can't install it on my machine.
        (Because problem was solved, I deleted original message - no-one had
        replied at that stage.) Thanks again.

        Nick