Some questions about OpenSlug

  • Mario
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      I'm using OpenSlug 2.0beta on my NSLU2. I've used the Unslung firmware
      but I prefer a standard linux system with more free resources and less
      useless services (like http configuration interfaces and samba).
      I've flashed the new firmware and I've initialized my external usb HD. I
      have few questions about the use of OpenSlug firmware:
      - I've created a new ext3 partition on the usb HD but after the reboot
      the NSLU shows me the following mounted fs:

      root@gimli:~# mount
      /dev/sda1 on /initrd type jffs2 (rw,noatime)
      /dev/sda1 on / type ext2 (rw)
      proc on /proc type proc (rw,nodiratime)
      sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
      tmpfs on /media/ram type tmpfs (rw)
      usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
      devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)

      Is it normal that the "/dev/sda1 on /" is of ext2 type? Is it using the
      journal feature of my partition?
      My fstab is the following:
      root@gimli:~# cat /etc/fstab
      /dev/sda1 / ext2 defaults 1 1
      proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
      tmpfs /media/ram tmpfs defaults 0 0
      usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
      /dev/sda3 none swap sw 0 0

      I've tried to change 'ext2' with 'ext3' in the fstab file but after the
      reboot nothing change in the mount command output.

      - other question: using the ipkg interface (I like it because it is so
      similar to apt-get system of my Debian!) there are few packages
      available. Are there other repositories that I could add to my sources?

      root@gimli:~# cat /etc/ipkg/oe-feed.conf
      src/gz oe http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/oe

      I would like to use packages for rsnapshot, cron, http, email-related. I
      don't like the idea to compile packages with 'tar
      xvzf...;./configure;make;make install'. I would use only ipkg packages.
      Can I build them by myself (maybe using the unslung package sources)?
      What do you use for you openslug?

      Thanks!
      Mario

      --
      Home Page: http://www.marioland.it
      GnuPG/PGP key (ID BAC3EBB1) available on key-servers