Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Confused and frustrated

  • Ludo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005
      Hi,

      1) I guess you closed your guest login later on the nlsu2. By doing that you state that you want all access by known users, no access by unknown. The admin folder, because of not being in the same workgroup, was not reachable because credentials did not match.

      2) Permission denied an be caused by having a user without a password on an XP machine. GIve this user a password on the xp machine and create an equal account on the nlsu2.

      ---> Give all your users a password. This has to do with Windows XP. For accessing shares by default Windows XP needs users to have passwords.
      For your laptop: same IP range? If in the same IP range, then it should work, given that the user and password match with nlsu2.

      For your laptop, if not in the same workgroup try to login with <nlsu2name>\username as user and <password> as password. Fill in the <..> yourself first:)