RE: [nslu2-general] Re: Confused and frustrated

  • tonymy01
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005
      Are any of your computers on a domain rather than workgroup?
      I cannot log into any of my windows shares at home if I hibernate my laptop
      while logged on at work on a domain, then bring the laptop home (and
      unhibernate. Or even use a cached domain login). I have to actually
      logout of the laptop domain account, and login with a local login rather
      than domain login. Else I get an error message and cannot log into the
      workgroup shares.

      Cheers
      Tonymy01
      http://tonyspage.abock.de for Topfield Information

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005
        I don't think I'm on a domain because all my computers
        stay "internal" (i.e. no need to join any other networks, they
        pretty much stay at home).

        This is driving me nuts.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "tonymy01" <tony_h@b...> wrote:
        > Are any of your computers on a domain rather than workgroup?
        > I cannot log into any of my windows shares at home if I hibernate
        my laptop
        > while logged on at work on a domain, then bring the laptop home
        (and
        > unhibernate. Or even use a cached domain login). I have to
        actually
        > logout of the laptop domain account, and login with a local login
        rather
        > than domain login. Else I get an error message and cannot log
        into the
        > workgroup shares.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Tonymy01
        > http://tonyspage.abock.de for Topfield Information

      • Ludo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005

          1) I guess you closed your guest login later on the nlsu2. By doing that you state that you want all access by known users, no access by unknown. The admin folder, because of not being in the same workgroup, was not reachable because credentials did not match.

          2) Permission denied an be caused by having a user without a password on an XP machine. GIve this user a password on the xp machine and create an equal account on the nlsu2.

          ---> Give all your users a password. This has to do with Windows XP. For accessing shares by default Windows XP needs users to have passwords.
          For your laptop: same IP range? If in the same IP range, then it should work, given that the user and password match with nlsu2.

          For your laptop, if not in the same workgroup try to login with <nlsu2name>\username as user and <password> as password. Fill in the <..> yourself first:)