Replacing a broken NSLU2

  • Bryan and Mary Lynch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 8:37 AM
      Hey all.I am replacing my SLUG with a new one because of some physical
      hardware damage (Embarrasing poor-soldering mishap details withheld)

      Will I have to reinstall all of the IPKG installs that I currently have
      (VSFTPD, MT-DAAPD, NANO, NTPCLIENT, OPENSSH) ? Or is it simply a matter of
      flashing the new unit with Unslung and then unslinging it? I don't mind
      doing the extra re-configuring work because it was my fault..but if there is
      an easier way to get back to where I am.I'm all for it.

      Thanks in advance for the advice..

      -Bryan

    • ov
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 12:02 PM
        In theory, I think just flash the new firmware, and reboot with the disk
        attached. Unless you went out of your way to change the flash (or were
        running unslung 3.x), all the changes should have been made to the disk
        and only the disk, so you should have no problems. In theory.
        Oliver

        --- Bryan and Mary Lynch <bm@...> wrote:

        > Hey all.I am replacing my SLUG with a new one because of some physical
        > hardware damage (Embarrasing poor-soldering mishap details withheld)
        >

        > Will I have to reinstall all of the IPKG installs that I currently have
        > (VSFTPD, MT-DAAPD, NANO, NTPCLIENT, OPENSSH) ? Or is it simply a matter
        > of
        > flashing the new unit with Unslung and then unslinging it? I don't mind
        > doing the extra re-configuring work because it was my fault..but if
        > there is
        > an easier way to get back to where I am.I'm all for it.
        >

        > Thanks in advance for the advice..
        >

        > -Bryan

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Sports