Re: memory footprint for unslung and openslung

  • Øyvind Repvik
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28, 2005
      Rod Whitby wrote:
      > On 6/28/05, Øyvind Repvik <oyvind@...> wrote:
      >
      >>It might be possible to gain more memory by running an uClibc OpenSlug.
      >>I'll do a build today and see how much memory is available on that.
      >

      > Would a TwonkyVision executable (for which you do not have the source,
      > cause it is a commercial program) which has been built against glibc
      > 2.2.5 for Unslung work on OpenSlug (other glibc, or uclibc based) ?
      >
      > -- Rod

      It's a binary? Unlikely to run on OpenSlug at all then. If it runs, it
      is *very* likely that it will behave in strange ways. On uClibc OpenSlug
      it won't run at all.
      Feel free to try to run it on OpenSlug glibc though. You never know, it
      is technically possible that TwonkyVision is not using any library calls
      that have changed since 2.2.5

      Øyvind