Re: df question

  • Øyvind Repvik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2005
      fransmeulenbroeks wrote:
      > Hi Tony,
      >
      > Thanks for your reply.
      > Apparently it is possible to mount the same device on multiple
      > partitions. I seem to recall that this was not possible in the old
      > unix days.
      > The only thing I do not understand yet is that /dev/sda1 is also
      > mentioned as filesystem for the flash.
      > To me this seems incorrect.

      This is due to the root_swiwel (or whatever it's called) performed.
      Initially, /dev/mtdblock4 (/dev/root) is mounted /, and /dev/sda1 is
      mounted at /initrd. /etc/fstab is updated to reflect this. Then the
      swiwel is performed, but fstab isn't updated.
      If you cat /proc/mounts, you will see that it's just the mount command
      that's slightly confused about the issue ;-)

      Does this make sense?

      Regards,
      Øyvind