Re: [nslu2-general] installing cvs server on slug

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2005
      On 6/26/05, Bartek Trzebuchowski <bartek@...> wrote:
      > Rod Whitby wrote:
      > > We assume that anyone installing a package will find it's
      > > documentation on the internet from the original CVS website. There
      > > are many places which have CVS documentation. www.nslu2-linux.org
      > > does not need to replicate that existing information.
      > Ok, sorry, but the cvs setup thing is one thing. The main problem I have
      > is installing it on the slug. Its my first installation and I've done
      > what I could find on the wiki. Update and install, but what now?
      >
      > Im all green here, both with slug and linux, so if someone has a little
      > time to tell me what to do with this cvs file I've in the /opt/bin

      Read http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/ - and use /opt/bin/cvs whereever it
      says to run cvs. As I said before, this is not an nslu2-specific
      question. If you want to learn how to use CVS, then read a book on
      how to run CVS in Linux. You have the /opt/bin/cvs executable on the
      NSLU2, and that's all you need.

      If you're not comfortable with the Linux command line, then read a
      Linux book. You are expected to be able to run things on the Linux
      command line before running packages on the Unslung firmware.

      -- Rod