really basic question about startup scripts

  • phoenix12282
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2005
      sorry to bother with something so simple, but I'm new to linux in
      general. How do I get an executable to run at startup on the nslu
      when no telnet connections are open. I can run the executable during
      a telnet connection, but when I close the connection, the program also
      ends. I need it to run all the time. Thanks in advance for any info
      you can give.
    • Kai Steinbach
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
        Hello phoenix12282,

        On 08/06/05, phoenix12282 <imranm847@...> wrote:
        > How do I get an executable to run at startup on the nslu
        > when no telnet connections are open.

        Usually all packets come with a start script that resides in
        /opt/etc/init.rd/ and has a name like S99mt-daapd where the S stands
        for start and the number will determine the order. Can you check if
        you have one of those on your system already? If so, copy it to
        another file and modify it to execute your binary within.

        Hope this helps. Kai