NSLU2 using windows domain authentication

  • docd666
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
      Hi all,
      I just bought an NSLU2 and unslugged it. I am now trying to find a
      way
      to integrate it in a windows domain. I have users being authenticated
      against Active directory and am trying to have the authentication
      process extend to the slug (if a user is authenticated against AD map
      his personnal drive from the slug). I am running into issues trying
      tie the slug authentication to the AD authentication. I am a linux NB
      but was wondering if I need to install a different Samba package to
      the one installed by default.
      Any thoughts to help me on this would be greatly appreciated.
      Mike
    • AdamB
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "docd666" <mbenita@h...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > I just bought an NSLU2 and unslugged it. I am now trying to find a
        > way
        > to integrate it in a windows domain. I have users being authenticated
        > against Active directory and am trying to have the authentication
        > process extend to the slug

        I've not actually done this but I do know that AD is only supported in
        Samba 3 onwards and the slug ships with samba 2 (smbd -V gives Version
        2.2.7b-ja-1.0). There is a samba 3 package for unslung but I haven't
        used it. A quick google turns up a guide for setting up samba 3 to use
        AD authentication at http://www.netadmintools.com/art172.html there
        may be better ones if you look harder
      • WRT54G.yg@datmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
          > I just bought an NSLU2 and unslugged it. I am now trying to find a
          > way
          > to integrate it in a windows domain.

          You'll need to upgrade the samba version to 3.x+ to get AD authentication.
          Look thru the wiki for details on installing that.

          David Troesch | Atlanta, GA | ICQ# 2333123
          Carpe Diem - "Seize the Day"
          Funstuff: Crazy enough for a post office job