Re: [nslu2-general] Help finding Stock Linksys Firmware

  • Dale VanZile
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2005
      ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/nslu2-fw-2.3r25.zip

      Rich Garcia wrote:

      > Does anyone know where I can find version R25 of the linksys firmware ? I
      > want to start clean and from scratch but
      > all I can find is the R29 firmware on their site. If I not mistaken I have
      > read that R29 will cause you to lose
      > telnet access.
      >
      > Rich

    • Adrian Day
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
        On 6/6/05, Dale VanZile <vlad.zeanile@...> wrote:

        > ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/nslu2-fw-2.3r25.zip

        I think the link may be dead. Had a quick look before I came into work this
        morning and couldn't find it on the Linksys server. I think they may have
        removed it.
        I don't really get why having the stock r25 firmware is a must - unless
        Rich intends to roll his own r25 based distro. Install uNSLUng - it works if
        you RTFM *thoroughly*. If you do need to reflash to stock firmware, r29 has
        patched a few of the annoyances of the earlier releases.
        --
        AJ

      • Rich Garcia
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
          Just because I want to have the original one, it never hurts. And yes I have
          RTFM and it does work, been working since day one but I
          like to get all the material for my pieces of hardware in one place while I
          still can and burn a disk since as you say links do
          disappear. Your link did work though for me, got it all DL'ed and am burning
          a disk now with everything. R29 may have patched a few
          things but in RTFM I did see where R29 does disable your ability to telnet
          into the box and that is a "fix" I really do not desire. I also
          believe that future versions of Unslung will be based on R29 BUT have telnet
          capabilities so I'll wait for that to flash.

          Rich

          I don't really get why having the stock r25 firmware is a must - unless
          Rich intends to roll his own r25 based distro. Install uNSLUng - it works if
          you RTFM *thoroughly*. If you do need to reflash to stock firmware, r29 has
          patched a few of the annoyances of the earlier releases.
          --
          AJ

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Adrian Day
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
            On 6/6/05, Adrian Day <adrian.day@...> wrote:
            > On 6/6/05, Dale VanZile <vlad.zeanile@...> wrote:
            > > ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/nslu2-fw-2.3r25.zip
            >

            > I think the link may be dead. Had a quick look before I came into work this
            > morning and couldn't find it on the Linksys server. I think they may have
            > removed it.

            They obviously hadn't. Connected using Safari (OS X) to mount the
            drive - very different files to when you connect via the command line.
            Odd... and completely off topic. Guess that'll teach me for trying to
            be all new fangled ;-)
          • Dale VanZile
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
              Adrian Day wrote:

              > On 6/6/05, Dale VanZile <vlad.zeanile@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/nslu2-fw-2.3r25.zip
              >
              > I think the link may be dead. Had a quick look before I came into work
              > this
              > morning and couldn't find it on the Linksys server. I think they may have
              > removed it.

              Adrian--
              I put a copy of it that I downloaded a couple days ago on my Slug's
              website, on the new "files" page:

              http://68.2.152.98:1965/files.html

              HTH!

              C ya,
              Dutch
            • lucifer_sam_siam_cat
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Dale VanZile <vlad.zeanile@c...>
                wrote:
                > Adrian--
                > I put a copy of it that I downloaded a couple days ago on my Slug's
                > website, on the new "files" page:
                >
                > http://68.2.152.98:1965/files.html
                >
                > HTH!
                >
                > C ya,
                > Dutch

                ...and this morning, I even remembered to set the permissions properly
                on the folder containing it so that it will stop giving 403 errors
                when trying to access the files.... I guess I should limit late-night
                multitasking to four or less simultaneous tasks--my intracranial
                cobweb-storage facility seems to have rather sticky multithreading
                capability at that time of night.... :^)

                Do please try the link again now that the file links are working if
                you're looking for that 2.3R25....

                C ya,
                Dutch