Help finding Stock Linksys Firmware

  • Rich Garcia
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
      Does anyone know where I can find version R25 of the linksys firmware ? I
      want to start clean and from scratch but
      all I can find is the R29 firmware on their site. If I not mistaken I have
      read that R29 will cause you to lose
      telnet access.

      Rich
    • Dale VanZile
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2005
        ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/nslu2-fw-2.3r25.zip

        Rich Garcia wrote:

        > Does anyone know where I can find version R25 of the linksys firmware ? I
        > want to start clean and from scratch but
        > all I can find is the R29 firmware on their site. If I not mistaken I have
        > read that R29 will cause you to lose
        > telnet access.
        >
        > Rich

      • Adrian Day
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
          On 6/6/05, Dale VanZile <vlad.zeanile@...> wrote:

          > ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/nslu2-fw-2.3r25.zip

          I think the link may be dead. Had a quick look before I came into work this
          morning and couldn't find it on the Linksys server. I think they may have
          removed it.
          I don't really get why having the stock r25 firmware is a must - unless
          Rich intends to roll his own r25 based distro. Install uNSLUng - it works if
          you RTFM *thoroughly*. If you do need to reflash to stock firmware, r29 has
          patched a few of the annoyances of the earlier releases.
          --
          AJ

        • Rich Garcia
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
            Just because I want to have the original one, it never hurts. And yes I have
            RTFM and it does work, been working since day one but I
            like to get all the material for my pieces of hardware in one place while I
            still can and burn a disk since as you say links do
            disappear. Your link did work though for me, got it all DL'ed and am burning
            a disk now with everything. R29 may have patched a few
            things but in RTFM I did see where R29 does disable your ability to telnet
            into the box and that is a "fix" I really do not desire. I also
            believe that future versions of Unslung will be based on R29 BUT have telnet
            capabilities so I'll wait for that to flash.

            Rich

            I don't really get why having the stock r25 firmware is a must - unless
            Rich intends to roll his own r25 based distro. Install uNSLUng - it works if
            you RTFM *thoroughly*. If you do need to reflash to stock firmware, r29 has
            patched a few of the annoyances of the earlier releases.
            --
            AJ

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Adrian Day
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
              On 6/6/05, Adrian Day <adrian.day@...> wrote:
              > On 6/6/05, Dale VanZile <vlad.zeanile@...> wrote:
              > > ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/nslu2-fw-2.3r25.zip
              >

              > I think the link may be dead. Had a quick look before I came into work this
              > morning and couldn't find it on the Linksys server. I think they may have
              > removed it.

              They obviously hadn't. Connected using Safari (OS X) to mount the
              drive - very different files to when you connect via the command line.
              Odd... and completely off topic. Guess that'll teach me for trying to
              be all new fangled ;-)
            • Dale VanZile
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
                Adrian Day wrote:

                > On 6/6/05, Dale VanZile <vlad.zeanile@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/nslu2-fw-2.3r25.zip
                >
                > I think the link may be dead. Had a quick look before I came into work
                > this
                > morning and couldn't find it on the Linksys server. I think they may have
                > removed it.

                Adrian--
                I put a copy of it that I downloaded a couple days ago on my Slug's
                website, on the new "files" page:

                http://68.2.152.98:1965/files.html

                HTH!

                C ya,
                Dutch
              • lucifer_sam_siam_cat
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Dale VanZile <vlad.zeanile@c...>
                  wrote:
                  > Adrian--
                  > I put a copy of it that I downloaded a couple days ago on my Slug's
                  > website, on the new "files" page:
                  >
                  > http://68.2.152.98:1965/files.html
                  >
                  > HTH!
                  >
                  > C ya,
                  > Dutch

                  ...and this morning, I even remembered to set the permissions properly
                  on the folder containing it so that it will stop giving 403 errors
                  when trying to access the files.... I guess I should limit late-night
                  multitasking to four or less simultaneous tasks--my intracranial
                  cobweb-storage facility seems to have rather sticky multithreading
                  capability at that time of night.... :^)

                  Do please try the link again now that the file links are working if
                  you're looking for that 2.3R25....

                  C ya,
                  Dutch