Cannot re-run, delete or modify backup job

  • david150538
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2005

      I have a backup job set up that copies files from my NSLU2 to a disk
      on my PC over the network. Earlier on, while a backup was in progress,
      my PC was switched off and so the backup failed - I have messages in
      the log file on the NSLU2 showing the errors and then one saying that
      there are too many errors so the job is stopping.

      The trouble is that now I cannot run, modify or delete this backup job
      - every time I try something I get a message saying 'Error: the job is
      running, cannot update or delete it.'

      I have rebooted the NSLU2, but still the same occurs.

      I'm guessing there's some file somewhere on the box thats telling the
      web config pages that the jobs running, but I don't know what or
      where. Any help much appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Dave
    • caplink811
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2005

        The 1st possibility - Search the mailinglist - The Solution was
        described in the list sometimes before..

        The 2nd - delete the files in /mnt/backup/*.pid

        bye
        JrB