Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Difficulty Exiting Maint. Mode

  • Gerald L. Clark
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 3, 2005
      David Ondzes wrote:
      > Still looking for some help on how to solve this problem. I was all
      > set reflash 4.20 last night when I noticed the "Exit Maintenance Mode"
      > link on the upgrade page. I had no idea where it was until last night.
      > Note - to author of "GetOutOfMaintMode" howto, you might want to
      > mention where the link is.
      I have; many times. Perhaps you should read the archives and the wiki.

      > Ok, so I now know where the link is and I tried following the howto.
      > The problem was I already had a /mnt/repair directory and when I
      > clicked on "Exit Maintenance Mode" I got a message about rebooting in
      > Maintenance Mode. When the slug came up I still had the 81% full df
      > output. So I telnet back in, made /mnt/repair (it wasn't there this
      > time) and clicked on "Exit Maintenance Mode" again. The message now
      > said something about rebooting in normal mode. So after slug came up.
      > I shutdown and tried booting with my flash disk and it never finished
      > booting.
      >
      > Where do I go from here ? Do I reflash ? Format my usb drive and unsling again ?
      1. Boot without disks.
      2. Delete .sda1root.
      3. Plug in drive.
      4. Wait for drive to be mounted read-write. If you do not wait,
      unsling will fail, but .sda1root will be created.
      This leaves the slug unbootable with the drive plugged in.
      5. When the drive is mounted read-write, unsling.
      6. Reboot.

      --
      nslu-linux - glc