USB printer hangs the NSLU

  • Bernhard Walle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hello,

      I have a (bit old) USB printer, a HP DeskJet 930C. If I install CUPS and
      start the startscript in /opt/etc/init.d/S88cups, all works fine. But if
      I unplug the printer or simply power-off it, the NSLU hangs. No ping
      possible, no shutdown, no SSH.

      Then I discovered that this problem only occures if the printer is
      plugged in while booting the NSLU. If I boot the NSLU without the
      printer and then plug in the printer (plug in means USB not power), all
      is fine. I can power off the printer and power on it again and no
      problems occure.

      Does anybody know this problem? Is there a solution? Do you need further
      information?

      I have the unslug 4.20 firmware.

      Regards,
      Bernhard