Re: [nslu2-general] Re: fail to format Sandisk 512Mb flash cruzer drive

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
      On 6/3/05, wim_dewilder <wim_dewilder@...> wrote:
      > thanks, I just wanted to make really sure before I blow
      > something up ;-)

      In general, it is not possible to damage hardware using the Unslung
      firmware or any of it's packages. The worst that can happen is that
      you will need to repartition and reformat disks, or reflash the
      firmware. We have never seen a case of hardware damage due to
      firmware or package usage.

      BUT, remember that the nslu2-linux development team takes no
      responsibility for your actions. This community is a meritocracy that
      takes personal responsibility as a basic fact of life, not something
      that lawyers argue about.

      -- Rod