Re: [nslu2-general] Wanting to flash, but unable to test Redboot successfully first.
- Hopefully this information usefull.
HINT: Make sure click OK on hyperterminal on first ping reply, and press ctrl-C
Step by step on Win XP
* turn off NSLU2
* set network TCP/IP 192.168.0.2 subnet 255.255.255.0
- click start - control panel - Network and Internet Connections -
- right click on network adapter - left click on properties.
- double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Click on Use the following IP Address, type 192.168.0.2 and subnet
- click OK, click OK, and close network connection
* open command prompt
- click Start - Run - type CMD [enter]
- type on command prompt : ping -w 1 -t 192.168.0.1
- "Request timed out." will show up
* open hyperterminal
- Click Start - All Programs - Accessories - Communications - Hyperterminal
- type name : NSLU2 and click OK
- Choose "TCP/IP (winsock) on Connect using
- type 192.168.0.1 on host address
- type 9000 on port number
- don't click OK, go to next step.
* turn on NSLU2
* when see first Ping reply (Command Prompt Window),
On Hyperterminal click OK and press Ctrl-C
* RedBoot> show up, bingo, you got it :-)
note. don't forget to change back to previous network setting.