Trouble detecting disks

  • Hans Persson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005

      I have an NSLU2 with V2.3R25-uNSLUng-4.20-beta on it. I'm trying to
      connect a disk to it to unsling to, but I can't get it to work.

      If I have my disk connected at boot time, then it appears in the web gui
      as "Not formatted" (which is OK, since it isn't formatted). I can format
      it from there with no problems.

      If I disconnect the disk at boot and connect it afterwards, as the
      README says to do to unsling, then the disk isn't detected. If I read
      /var/log/messages it looks as if the kernel is detecting a disk, but the
      gui doesn't show anything about it. This is what it says:

      > * sd_attach:1
      > Attached scsi disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
      > SCSI device sdb: 390721968 512-byte hdwr sectors (200050 MB)
      > Partition check:
      > unknown partition table
      > WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
      > USB Mass Storage device found at 2

      I've tried this with a Seagate 200G, a Western Digital 20G, and a
      Fujitsu 10G, all of them mounted in a Q-tec USB box. I've tried both
      disk ports on the slug. I've tried another USB disk box of the same
      model (I don't have any other models). The disk is configured to be
      Master, although I've tried Cable Select as well.

      I'm the second owner of this slug and Q-tec box. The previous owner had
      no problems with them, but then with a Maxtor 40G. This is the disk
      enclosure I'm using:
      http://www.dustinhome.se/dacsaportal/system/pages/products/wf\_show_product_detail.aspx?ProdID=5010077669

      Ideas?

      Hans