starting rc.mt-daapd : Permission denied - any thoughts ?

  • pookycade
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2004
      I sure do appreciate all the hard work done by others to get the
      iTunes server operational, but I must say the instructions for the
      non linux initiated are daunting at best and woefully incomplete at
      worst. Yeah, I know, its probably intended to be that way. Someone
      needs to come up with a handholding version, maybe I will once I get
      it working.

      Anyway, got into the NSLU2, loaded the NFS server without problem
      and the mt-daapd server as well. NFS starts up just fine, but cannot
      start mt-daapd for some odd reason. Any ideas ?

      I run:

      /share/hdd/conf/rc.d/rc.mt-daapd

      and get

      /share/hdd/conf/rc.d/rc.mt-daapd: Permission denied

      anyone have any thoughts as to whats going on ?