Re: [nslu2-general] Trying to delete large files - Segmentation Fault

  • Per-Olof Litby - Practice Mgr - Software
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27 7:30 AM
      Inge B. Arnesen wrote:

      > > Now, when I find I have to delete some of these 350MB-ish video files,
      > > after a while the NSLU2 hangs (hard reboot necessary) after reporting a
      > > segmentation fault. I'm running the 3.18 version of unslung.
      > >
      > > Anyone else seen this problem?
      >
      > First of all: I haven't seen or heard about this before and I'm a heavy
      > user of the delete command when it comes to large files. A few things to
      > test:
      >
      > - Does this happen both when you try to delete it from a Samba client and
      > when "rm"-ing it from the command line?
      > - Can you fsck the drive and see if the FS is ok?
      > - Have you had any of the reported file corruption problems (bits being
      > toggled and changing MD5 sums of larger files)?

      I get the segmentation fault message when I do an "rm". If I try to
      delete the file from a Samba client the NSLU2 hangs and a reboot is
      necessary to get it working again.

      Tried to run /sbin/fsck.ext3 but the device is busy so it won't unmount.
      Don't want to run fsck on the device mounted - or can I? If not, how do
      I force an unmount?

      I've seen no other file problems.

      /POL