Re: [nslu2-general] scandisk

  • Gerald L. Clark
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2005
      marsianhome wrote:
      > Hi
      > I have nslu2 with Unslung3.18
      > one hd drive maxtor300
      > and one 114 hd maxtor
      >
      > i can run the scandisk (via web interface) on the 2nd hard drive
      > but not on first one
      >
      > how can i fix this ?
      You can't scan a mounted drive.

      --
      nslu-linux - glc
    • fransmeulenbroeks
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 27, 2005
        I just encountered the same problem as below (quoted the whole
        message as it is already a few months old) and found a solution:

        Boot the slug without disk.
        Connect the disk.
        Through telnet unmount all drives.
        The web interface still would not allow me to scan. The log said:
        "Warning: Out of disk space, scandisk cannot proceed."
        However if you telnet to the device you can issue the command
        /sbin/fsck.ext3 -f /dev/sda1

        I had to use -f as the nslu2 thought the device was clean (but it
        wasn't). Of course if you are using the 2nd port you want to
        use /dev/sdb1

        Perhaps this could be added to the FAQ

        Enjoy, Frans

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald L. Clark"
        <gerald_clark@m...> wrote:
        > marsianhome wrote:
        > > Hi
        > > I have nslu2 with Unslung3.18
        > > one hd drive maxtor300
        > > and one 114 hd maxtor
        > >
        > > i can run the scandisk (via web interface) on the 2nd hard drive
        > > but not on first one
        > >
        > > how can i fix this ?
        > You can't scan a mounted drive.
        >

        > > im a novis to Linux but am learning...
        > >
        > > lars
        > >

        > --
        > nslu-linux - glc
      • Rod Whitby
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2005
          On 6/28/05, fransmeulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks@...> wrote:
          > Perhaps this could be added to the FAQ

          In this community, you don't ask for something to be added to the FAQ,
          you just go and add it yourself :-)

          Please do so ...

          -- Rod
        • fransmeulenbroeks
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 28, 2005
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <list.yahoo@r...>
            wrote:
            > On 6/28/05, fransmeulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks@y...> wrote:
            > > Perhaps this could be added to the FAQ
            >
            > In this community, you don't ask for something to be added to the
            FAQ,
            > you just go and add it yourself :-)
            >
            > Please do so ...
            >
            > -- Rod

            Done. Feel free to have a look and correct. (note that this is my
            first time doing this). Any improvement tips are welcome.