scandisk

  • marsianhome
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2005
      Hi
      I have nslu2 with Unslung3.18
      one hd drive maxtor300
      and one 114 hd maxtor

      i can run the scandisk (via web interface) on the 2nd hard drive
      but not on first one

      how can i fix this ?

      im a novis to Linux but am learning...

      lars
    • Gerald L. Clark
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2005
        marsianhome wrote:
        > Hi
        > I have nslu2 with Unslung3.18
        > one hd drive maxtor300
        > and one 114 hd maxtor
        >
        > i can run the scandisk (via web interface) on the 2nd hard drive
        > but not on first one
        >
        > how can i fix this ?
        You can't scan a mounted drive.

        --
        nslu-linux - glc
      • fransmeulenbroeks
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2005
          I just encountered the same problem as below (quoted the whole
          message as it is already a few months old) and found a solution:

          Boot the slug without disk.
          Connect the disk.
          Through telnet unmount all drives.
          The web interface still would not allow me to scan. The log said:
          "Warning: Out of disk space, scandisk cannot proceed."
          However if you telnet to the device you can issue the command
          /sbin/fsck.ext3 -f /dev/sda1

          I had to use -f as the nslu2 thought the device was clean (but it
          wasn't). Of course if you are using the 2nd port you want to
          use /dev/sdb1

          Perhaps this could be added to the FAQ

          Enjoy, Frans

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald L. Clark"
          <gerald_clark@m...> wrote:
          > marsianhome wrote:
          > > Hi
          > > I have nslu2 with Unslung3.18
          > > one hd drive maxtor300
          > > and one 114 hd maxtor
          > >
          > > i can run the scandisk (via web interface) on the 2nd hard drive
          > > but not on first one
          > >
          > > how can i fix this ?
          > You can't scan a mounted drive.
          >

          > > im a novis to Linux but am learning...
          > >
          > > lars
          > >

          > --
          > nslu-linux - glc
        • Rod Whitby
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 27, 2005
            On 6/28/05, fransmeulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks@...> wrote:
            > Perhaps this could be added to the FAQ

            In this community, you don't ask for something to be added to the FAQ,
            you just go and add it yourself :-)

            Please do so ...

            -- Rod
          • fransmeulenbroeks
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 28, 2005
              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <list.yahoo@r...>
              wrote:
              > On 6/28/05, fransmeulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks@y...> wrote:
              > > Perhaps this could be added to the FAQ
              >
              > In this community, you don't ask for something to be added to the
              FAQ,
              > you just go and add it yourself :-)
              >
              > Please do so ...
              >
              > -- Rod

              Done. Feel free to have a look and correct. (note that this is my
              first time doing this). Any improvement tips are welcome.