Re: [nslu2-general] Unslung 4.x waiting on 7 alpha testers to test a recent version

  • janne
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2005
      I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
      updated the yahoo list.
      /Janne (jannesfe)

      Rod Whitby wrote:

      >On 5/9/05, realpsychodad <ahelbling@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
      >> release date? ;-)
      >>

      >As soon as we have 20 alpha testers - same as any other beta release
      >from the nslu2-linux development team. We currently have 20 people in
      >the database at
      >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
      >but 7 of them (chrs_e, jannesfe, Spooky8577, inge_arnesen, Tpol_05,
      >Wolf_543210, and novotnymeister) are testing something more than 10
      >versions behind the latest - and there have been *major* (but
      >backwards-compatible) implementation changes in the boot sequence
      >since those versions.
      >
      >So as soon as we get 20 alpha testers who are actually testing a
      >reasonably recent version of Unslung 4.x, then we will release a
      >binary. The release date is determined by the willingness of the
      >community to alpha test the release ....
      >
      >-- Rod
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Gerald L. Clark
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2005
        janne wrote:
        > I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
        > updated the yahoo list.
        > /Janne (jannesfe)

        Doesn't count until you do.

        --
        nslu-linux - glc
      • Rod Whitby
        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2005
          I've updated your database entry for you ... could others who test
          new versions please update their database entry themselves?

          -- Rod

          On 5/10/05, janne <janne@...> wrote:
          > I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
          > updated the yahoo list.
          > /Janne (jannesfe)
          >

          > Rod Whitby wrote:
          >
          > >On 5/9/05, realpsychodad <ahelbling@...> wrote:
          > >

          > >> Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
          > >> release date? ;-)
          > >>

          > >As soon as we have 20 alpha testers - same as any other beta release
          > >from the nslu2-linux development team. We currently have 20 people in
          > >the database at
          > >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
          > >but 7 of them (chrs_e, jannesfe, Spooky8577, inge_arnesen, Tpol_05,
          > >Wolf_543210, and novotnymeister) are testing something more than 10
          > >versions behind the latest - and there have been *major* (but
          > >backwards-compatible) implementation changes in the boot sequence
          > >since those versions.
          > >
          > >So as soon as we get 20 alpha testers who are actually testing a
          > >reasonably recent version of Unslung 4.x, then we will release a
          > >binary. The release date is determined by the willingness of the
          > >community to alpha test the release ....
          > >
          > >-- Rod
          > >

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • janne
          Message 4 of 8 , May 10, 2005