Re: Samba traffic blocks Mediaserver

  • realpsychodad
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2005
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
      <i.b.arnesen@f...> wrote:
      > > Is there a way to "slowdown" SAMBA - traffic a little?
      >
      > No and yes. The traffic shaping system described on the wiki enables
      you to
      > do this, but it cannot run on Unslung 3, only Unslung 4 (and OpenSlug
      of
      > course). I use it myself and think it is one of the wonders of the
      world.

      Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
      release date? ;-)

      greets

      Psychodad
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2005
        On 5/9/05, realpsychodad <ahelbling@...> wrote:
        > Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
        > release date? ;-)

        As soon as we have 20 alpha testers - same as any other beta release
        from the nslu2-linux development team. We currently have 20 people in
        the database at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
        but 7 of them (chrs_e, jannesfe, Spooky8577, inge_arnesen, Tpol_05,
        Wolf_543210, and novotnymeister) are testing something more than 10
        versions behind the latest - and there have been *major* (but
        backwards-compatible) implementation changes in the boot sequence
        since those versions.

        So as soon as we get 20 alpha testers who are actually testing a
        reasonably recent version of Unslung 4.x, then we will release a
        binary. The release date is determined by the willingness of the
        community to alpha test the release ....

        -- Rod
      • janne
        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2005
          I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
          updated the yahoo list.
          /Janne (jannesfe)

          Rod Whitby wrote:

          >On 5/9/05, realpsychodad <ahelbling@...> wrote:
          >

          >> Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
          >> release date? ;-)
          >>

          >As soon as we have 20 alpha testers - same as any other beta release
          >from the nslu2-linux development team. We currently have 20 people in
          >the database at
          >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
          >but 7 of them (chrs_e, jannesfe, Spooky8577, inge_arnesen, Tpol_05,
          >Wolf_543210, and novotnymeister) are testing something more than 10
          >versions behind the latest - and there have been *major* (but
          >backwards-compatible) implementation changes in the boot sequence
          >since those versions.
          >
          >So as soon as we get 20 alpha testers who are actually testing a
          >reasonably recent version of Unslung 4.x, then we will release a
          >binary. The release date is determined by the willingness of the
          >community to alpha test the release ....
          >
          >-- Rod
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Gerald L. Clark
          Message 4 of 8 , May 9, 2005
            janne wrote:
            > I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
            > updated the yahoo list.
            > /Janne (jannesfe)

            Doesn't count until you do.

            --
            nslu-linux - glc
          • Rod Whitby
            Message 5 of 8 , May 9, 2005
              I've updated your database entry for you ... could others who test
              new versions please update their database entry themselves?

              -- Rod

              On 5/10/05, janne <janne@...> wrote:
              > I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
              > updated the yahoo list.
              > /Janne (jannesfe)
              >

              > Rod Whitby wrote:
              >
              > >On 5/9/05, realpsychodad <ahelbling@...> wrote:
              > >

              > >> Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
              > >> release date? ;-)
              > >>

              > >As soon as we have 20 alpha testers - same as any other beta release
              > >from the nslu2-linux development team. We currently have 20 people in
              > >the database at
              > >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
              > >but 7 of them (chrs_e, jannesfe, Spooky8577, inge_arnesen, Tpol_05,
              > >Wolf_543210, and novotnymeister) are testing something more than 10
              > >versions behind the latest - and there have been *major* (but
              > >backwards-compatible) implementation changes in the boot sequence
              > >since those versions.
              > >
              > >So as soon as we get 20 alpha testers who are actually testing a
              > >reasonably recent version of Unslung 4.x, then we will release a
              > >binary. The release date is determined by the willingness of the
              > >community to alpha test the release ....
              > >
              > >-- Rod
              > >

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • janne
              Message 6 of 8 , May 10, 2005