Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

RE: [nslu2-general] Samba traffic blocks Mediaserver

Expand Messages
  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    ... No and yes. The traffic shaping system described on the wiki enables you to do this, but it cannot run on Unslung 3, only Unslung 4 (and OpenSlug of
    Message 1 of 8 , May 8, 2005
      > Is there a way to "slowdown" SAMBA - traffic a little?

      No and yes. The traffic shaping system described on the wiki enables you to
      do this, but it cannot run on Unslung 3, only Unslung 4 (and OpenSlug of
      course). I use it myself and think it is one of the wonders of the world.
      You can "slow down" traffic by reference to any source or destination port
      by changing priority of outbound traffic as well as setting hard limits on
      the bit rate of outbound traffic. Inbound traffic, I believe, can only be
      affected indirectly by priority of outbound ack's (corrections welcome to
      this statement).

      best,

      -- Inge
    • realpsychodad
      ... you to ... of ... world. Ok, well... then I m still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about release date? ;-) greets Psychodad
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2005
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
        <i.b.arnesen@f...> wrote:
        > > Is there a way to "slowdown" SAMBA - traffic a little?
        >
        > No and yes. The traffic shaping system described on the wiki enables
        you to
        > do this, but it cannot run on Unslung 3, only Unslung 4 (and OpenSlug
        of
        > course). I use it myself and think it is one of the wonders of the
        world.

        Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
        release date? ;-)

        greets

        Psychodad
      • Rod Whitby
        ... As soon as we have 20 alpha testers - same as any other beta release from the nslu2-linux development team. We currently have 20 people in the database at
        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2005
          On 5/9/05, realpsychodad <ahelbling@...> wrote:
          > Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
          > release date? ;-)

          As soon as we have 20 alpha testers - same as any other beta release
          from the nslu2-linux development team. We currently have 20 people in
          the database at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
          but 7 of them (chrs_e, jannesfe, Spooky8577, inge_arnesen, Tpol_05,
          Wolf_543210, and novotnymeister) are testing something more than 10
          versions behind the latest - and there have been *major* (but
          backwards-compatible) implementation changes in the boot sequence
          since those versions.

          So as soon as we get 20 alpha testers who are actually testing a
          reasonably recent version of Unslung 4.x, then we will release a
          binary. The release date is determined by the willingness of the
          community to alpha test the release ....

          -- Rod
        • janne
          I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not updated the yahoo list. /Janne (jannesfe)
          Message 4 of 8 , May 9, 2005
            I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
            updated the yahoo list.
            /Janne (jannesfe)


            Rod Whitby wrote:

            >On 5/9/05, realpsychodad <ahelbling@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            >> Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
            >> release date? ;-)
            >>
            >>
            >
            >As soon as we have 20 alpha testers - same as any other beta release
            >from the nslu2-linux development team. We currently have 20 people in
            >the database at
            >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
            >but 7 of them (chrs_e, jannesfe, Spooky8577, inge_arnesen, Tpol_05,
            >Wolf_543210, and novotnymeister) are testing something more than 10
            >versions behind the latest - and there have been *major* (but
            >backwards-compatible) implementation changes in the boot sequence
            >since those versions.
            >
            >So as soon as we get 20 alpha testers who are actually testing a
            >reasonably recent version of Unslung 4.x, then we will release a
            >binary. The release date is determined by the willingness of the
            >community to alpha test the release ....
            >
            >-- Rod
            >
            >
            >
            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
          • Gerald L. Clark
            ... Doesn t count until you do. -- nslu-linux - glc
            Message 5 of 8 , May 9, 2005
              janne wrote:
              > I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
              > updated the yahoo list.
              > /Janne (jannesfe)
              >
              Doesn't count until you do.

              --
              nslu-linux - glc
            • Rod Whitby
              I ve updated your database entry for you ... could others who test new versions please update their database entry themselves? -- Rod
              Message 6 of 8 , May 9, 2005
                I've updated your database entry for you ... could others who test
                new versions please update their database entry themselves?

                -- Rod

                On 5/10/05, janne <janne@...> wrote:
                > I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
                > updated the yahoo list.
                > /Janne (jannesfe)
                >
                >
                >
                > Rod Whitby wrote:
                >
                > >On 5/9/05, realpsychodad <ahelbling@...> wrote:
                > >
                > >
                > >> Ok, well... then I'm still waiting for unslung 4. Any news about
                > >> release date? ;-)
                > >>
                > >>
                > >
                > >As soon as we have 20 alpha testers - same as any other beta release
                > >from the nslu2-linux development team. We currently have 20 people in
                > >the database at
                > >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/database?method=reportRows&tbl=8
                > >but 7 of them (chrs_e, jannesfe, Spooky8577, inge_arnesen, Tpol_05,
                > >Wolf_543210, and novotnymeister) are testing something more than 10
                > >versions behind the latest - and there have been *major* (but
                > >backwards-compatible) implementation changes in the boot sequence
                > >since those versions.
                > >
                > >So as soon as we get 20 alpha testers who are actually testing a
                > >reasonably recent version of Unslung 4.x, then we will release a
                > >binary. The release date is determined by the willingness of the
                > >community to alpha test the release ....
                > >
                > >-- Rod
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                >
                >
                > ________________________________
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                > To visit your group on the web, go to:
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/
                >
                > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                > nslu2-general-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
              • janne
                darn!
                Message 7 of 8 , May 10, 2005
                  darn!


                  Gerald L. Clark wrote:

                  >janne wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  >>I have built Unslung and Openslug latest at 2005-05-06, just not
                  >>updated the yahoo list.
                  >>/Janne (jannesfe)
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >Doesn't count until you do.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.