Re: [nslu2-general] Multiple Network Neighborhood Entries

  • Ronald Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2005
      I think you can just highlight them and press delete.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2005
        Yep, that worked! I don't know why I didn't think of that. I guess
        I'm just not that familiar with networking and the Windows Network
        Neighborhood.

        As a side note, I was able to map a network drive to a directory on
        the NSLU2 by right-clicking My Computer in Windows Explorer,
        choosing Map Network Drive, and then clicking Browse to find the
        NSLU2 on my network. It works great! I'm sure you all know this
        already, but it wasn't intuitive to me so maybe it'll help others. I
        did find the "map network drive" instructions in the user guide
        later. You have to use the guide on the CD, not the one included in
        the NSLU2 user interface web page.

        I also tried to setup a share, but could never get it to work. Even
        though I copied the directory location in the "location" box, when
        permissions were setup for everyone and the share would become
        available on the network, nothing was in it. I looked for new
        folders that might be getting created from incorrect paths, but
        found none. So I don't know why I can't create shares that work, but
        it's not really a big deal for me since I can map a drive to the
        NSLU2.

        So far, I'm really liking this device!

        Has anyone who has it setup to do Drive1->Drive2 backups had a HDD
        failure and was able to successfully restore their data from the
        backup drive? I'm a little concerned about this based on a previous
        poster saying that the NSLU2 wouldn't recognize the backup Disk2
        after a failure.

        Thanks!