unslung 3.18 upgrade problem.../share/hdd/conf/opt not mounting !

  • dabloodgood
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2005
      I followed the upgrade (from 3.17) to 3.18 instructions, but now
      when I boot with the previously formatted and configured harddrive
      connected, it does not mount to /opt...so none of the diversion
      scripts are executed. Ive managed to get back in via the telnet.cgi
      technique...but I dont know what to do next...help !

      Dave
    • Gerald L. Clark
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2005
        dabloodgood wrote:

        > I followed the upgrade (from 3.17) to 3.18 instructions, but now
        > when I boot with the previously formatted and configured harddrive
        > connected, it does not mount to /opt...so none of the diversion
        > scripts are executed. Ive managed to get back in via the telnet.cgi
        > technique...but I dont know what to do next...help !
        >
        > Dave

        Every time you re-flash you have to re-unsling.
        Read the wiki.
      • dlopezdequintana
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2005
          I saw another post that gave a great suggestion that worked for me. I
          stared at the nslu2 for 10 minutes waiting for an automount that never
          came.

          Turn off the nslu2, then plug in the hard drive AGAINST the
          instructions. Start it up and observe the LEDs during the boot
          sequence. When the HD light "stays" on continuously for a couple of
          seconds, unplug it and let the boot sequence proceed. Log in with
          telnet, then plug in the hard drive. It should automatically mount now.

          Good luck,

          david