RE: [nslu2-general] Sharing the / directory

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 8, 2005
      > This is almost guaranteed to break the NSLU2.
      > Linux config files are often not compatible with Windows
      > editors. Even in text mode, windows will add unwanted
      > carriage returns.

      At least this is not a problem with xemacs on XP. If the file opened is has
      EOL=LF rather than EOL=CR-LF, then it will save the file accordingly. I
      guess modern editors in general knows how to do this. As long as they open
      files as binary, Windows cannot add or remove anything.

      best,

      -- Inge
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 8, 2005
        On Apr 8, 2005 10:10 PM, Per-Olof Litby - Practice Mgr - Software -
        Central/North Europe - Sun Microsystems <politby@...> wrote:
        > Understand. Now, is there an Emacs version for the NSLU2?

        Yes, both emacs and xemacs run on the slug and are in the ipkg native
        feed, so you can take your pick :-)

        -- rod
      • Per-Olof Litby - Practice Mgr - Software
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 8, 2005
          Rod Whitby wrote:

          > On Apr 8, 2005 10:10 PM, Per-Olof Litby - Practice Mgr - Software -
          > Central/North Europe - Sun Microsystems <politby@...> wrote:
          > > Understand. Now, is there an Emacs version for the NSLU2?
          >
          > Yes, both emacs and xemacs run on the slug and are in the ipkg native
          > feed, so you can take your pick :-)
          >
          > -- rod

          Where can I find it? "ipkg list" shows no emacs...

          /POL
        • Bengt Nyman
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 9, 2005
            I installed OpenSSH and use WinSCPfrom my XP client.
            http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

            It will give you a explorer like window to explore your slug and it
            has a internal editor to use for editing config-files etc.

            /Bengt

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
              Bengt Nyman wrote:

              > I installed OpenSSH and use WinSCPfrom my XP client.
              > http://winscp.net/eng/index.php
              >
              > It will give you a explorer like window to explore your slug and it
              > has a internal editor to use for editing config-files etc.
              >
              > /Bengt

              Hej!

              tack för svaret. Men vad behöver man installera på "sluggen" för att
              kunna köra SCP?

              mvh, P-O

              --

              *Per-Olof Litby <mailto:politby@...>
              *Practice Mgr - Web Services/Identity

              <http://www.sun.com/software/javaenterprisesystem/>
            • Bengt Nyman
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Per-Olof Litby - Practice Mgr -
                Software - Central/North Europe - Sun Microsystems <politby@s...> wrote:
                > Bengt Nyman wrote:
                >

                > > I installed OpenSSH and use WinSCPfrom my XP client.
                > > http://winscp.net/eng/index.php
                > >
                > > It will give you a explorer like window to explore your slug and it
                > > has a internal editor to use for editing config-files etc.
                > >
                > > /Bengt
                >
                > Hej!
                >
                > tack för svaret. Men vad behöver man installera på "sluggen" för att
                > kunna köra SCP?
                >
                > mvh, P-O

                Jag har bara installerat en SSH-server, OpenSSH. Provade med Dropbear
                men det fungerade inte särkilt bra med SCP. Du installerar den genom
                att skriva "ipkg install openssh".

                mvh Bengt

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                  My apologies for sending a non-English message to the list. Slip of the
                  keyboard!

                  /POL

                  --

                • janne@sfe.se
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                    När du lagt in unslung-firmwaren är det bara att köra:
                    ipkg update
                    ipkg install openssh

                    /Janne