RE: [nslu2-general] Re: Frequent Outlook file (.pst) corruption problem (when stored on the NSLU2)

  • jncharli - tele2
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 3, 2005
      Thank you Mark.

      I understood this time.

      I intend to spend some (much) time to investigate around the release of
      samba that is installed in the official release.

      I also hope that OpeNSLUg could be the solution.

      Best regards,

      JN

      _____

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 3, 2005
        Hello Anne,

        In addition to the Outlook corruption problem, I have the same issue on
        Excel (the file is said modified by another user).

        Nothing to report about Word document.

        I gave a call to Linksys support, but… nothing.

        JN

        _____

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 3, 2005
          Hello Bernd,

          The corruption problems I saw on my NSLU2 are all related to .pst files.

          I don’t have problems with large files (I made the test some months ago).

          I find your hypothesis on memory problem very interesting. I will try to
          investigate it further.

          JN

          _____

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 3, 2005
            Hello all,

            I´m also experiencing the same problems. After a while open
            programs
            (in this case my banking software) aren´t any more accessible and
            I´ve
            to terminate them via the task manager. It also happens while copying
            huge files.

            regards

            Jan

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jncharli - tele2"

            m?subject=Unsubscribe>

          • mlsmith59
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 3, 2005
              I have the .pst file problem with Linksys firmware V2.3r24, V2.3r25,
              Unslung firmware versions 1.11, 2.12, 3.16, 3.17, and 3.18. So
              unfortunatly there isn't a version of firmware that fixes the
              problem. Although I have never tried Linksys V2.3r29. Perhaps
              samba version 3 might help.

              Mark

              <jncharli@t...> wrote:
              > Hello Mark,
              >

              > Sorry to be confused. I understand you encounter the same problem
              on your
              > NSLU2.
              >
              > If no (and I'm praying you don't have), could you tell which
              release of
              > microcode you are running ? (official Linksys, OpeNSLUg, uNSLUg
              standard, …)

              > Best regards,
              >

              > JN
              >

              > _____

              corruption problem
> [...]
              > > > this .pst
              > > > < file is found to be corrupted.
              > > > < When I use Scanpst (an tool provided by Microsoft), the
              > corruption
              > > > < is cleared, and there is no data loss.
              > > > <
              > > > < If I store the same .pst file on my desktop, turning it into
              > > > file
              > > > < server, there is no more corruption (for more than 20 days).
              > > > < I then deduce that the file becomes periodically corrupted
              > because
              > > > < it is stored on a share of the NSLU2.
              > > > <
              > > > < My first question is : does anyone has the same problem ?
              > > > <
              > > > < My 2nd question is : Does anybody know any patch to apply to
              > > > samba ?
              > > > <
              > > > < My 3rd question is : Could OpenSlug be the solution ?

              subject=Unsubscribe>

            • Bernd Wiegmann
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 3, 2005
                Hi JN,

                the problem was not directly related to the size of the file, but the
                chance that it got corrupted wath much bigger with large ones. The files
                were still ok on the disk but the slug was not able to read them correctly
                sometimes.

                I did not try to put any .pst files on a share so this might be an
                unrelated problem.

                Best regards,
                Bernd

                jncharli - tele2 sagte:

                > Hello Bernd,
                >

                > The corruption problems I saw on my NSLU2 are all related to .pst files.
                >
                > I don’t have problems with large files (I made the test some months ago).
                >
                > I find your hypothesis on memory problem very interesting. I will try to
                > investigate it further.
                >

                > JN
                >

                > _____

                Bernd Wiegmann

                WiB - Software, Software Development for Symbian Phones
                Web: http://www.wib-software.com/
                Fon: +49 (0)531 580 466 81
                Fax: +49 (0)531 250 52 73