Newby question - Unresolved bugs from Linksys

  • jncharli2
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2005
      Hello everybody,

      I have a NSLU2 from some months, but I discovered http://www.nslu2-
      linux.org only recently.

      I experience one very upsetting bug, that makes me think to resell
      my NSLU2.
      Support from Linksys is inexistant (whoever opened a ticket to
      Linksys understands me), and hasn't provided any solution (even
      hasn't tried).

      Is it the place to post that bug, and try to get a solution ???
      Is OpenSlug the solution to my problem.

      To sum up my issue :
      I stored my Outlook .pst files on a share of the NSLU2. This file
      can be accessed by my 2 PCs (and then I can read my mails from my 2
      PCs).
      After some hours/days, the .pst file gets corrupted.
      Linksys support says that NSLU2 runs only with static files and then
      not with my .pst file (which sounds inconsistent, as Outlook DO run
      for some hours/days ).

      When I run the scanpst utility (provided by Microsoft), it correctly
      cleans the .pst file (with no data loss), and reports that the file
      is shorter than it should. There are always 253 440 missing bytes
      for each corruption.

      Does anybody has an idea ?

      Best regards