9092Re: [nslu2-general] Cannot start NFS Server on NSLU2

  • Anthony Takata
    Apr 6, 2014

      I'm not too experienced with Debian, but what was the output when you did portmap start?

      On Apr 5, 2014 7:38 AM, "Ferdinand Gruber" <fer.grub@...> wrote:

      I have two NSLU2 with Debian Wheezy insalled on the attached USB disk.

      On one of them I cannot start the nfs-kernel-server on the other it works. But I do not know where there might be the difference in configuration of Debian ...

      I did the following:

      /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server start
      Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon....
      Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsd
      Not starting: portmapper is not running ... (warning).
      Please help me to find out what can be wrong. How can I start the protmapper?

      /etc/init.d/portmap start
      did not help.

      --
      Greetings from Austria