9089Re: [nslu2-general] Running OWW with DS9490R, getting USBDEVFS timeout

  • Anthony Takata
    Feb 24, 2014

      Without knowing too much about the USB stack, I'd say a USB device is failing to initialize properly. Troubleshoot by checking the devices in other machines. For example, if windows hangs and eventually pops the message about an unrecognized device, that one may be busted.

      On Feb 24, 2014 9:28 AM, <gsvnofixedabode@...> wrote:

      NSLU2 has been running for a few years now quite happily, owwnogui process with the weather station using a DS9490R RJ11-->USB device, but the other week it got hit by a power outage that unfortunately borked the USB thumbdrive it was running from.
      I got a new drive, unslung it, then copied (I know, I know) the files from a Windows backup over share/hdd/data. After an ipkg update all looked good except that the owwnogui process wasn't getting data, and I'm now getting the following error in the /var/log/messages log:
      =====
      Feb 24 20:10:06 (none) user.warn kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
      Feb 24 20:10:06 (none) user.warn kernel: usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 2 ep 0x83 len 8 ret -110
      =====
      Any ideas?
      Thanks.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic