9046Re: Media Sharing questions

  • stigslims
    Aug 18, 2013
      Right I think I follow, just got to figure out where to put the commands. Followed ifconfig and got lots of info but the top output was as follows.

      eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:25:31:01:B9:0E
      inet addr:192.168.0.15 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
      inet6 addr: fe80::225:31ff:fe01:b90e/64 Scope:Link
      collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
      RX bytes:3132816397 (2.9 GiB) TX bytes:1169394007 (1.0 GiB)
      Interrupt:40

      So eth0 looks like the one i'm using. Would typing those lines into the command promt cause any problems if i were to try them and they were in the wrong place?.