9044Re: Media Sharing questions

  • stigslims
    Aug 15, 2013
      Happened upon the Mediatomb website and stumbled across something that points at just the problem i seem to be having.

      4.1. Network Setup

      Some systems require a special setup on the network interface. If MediaTomb exits with UPnP Error -117, or if it does not respond to M-SEARCH requests from the renderer (i.e. MediaTomb is running, but your renderer device does not show it) you should try the following settings (the lines below assume that MediaTomb is running on a Linux machine, on network interface eth1):

      # route add -net 239.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 eth1
      # ifconfig eth1 allmulti
      Those settings will be applied automatically by the init.d startup script.

      You should also make sure that your firewall is not blocking port UDP port 1900 (required for SSDP) and UDP/TCP port of MediaTomb. By default MediaTomb will select a free port starting with 49152, however you can specify a port of your choice in the configuration file.

      Looks promising but not sure how or where to add the extra lines. Also i would have to find out which network interface i was using.