8971Re: [nslu2-general] Re: woe. woe& thrice woe, or pogoplug print resolutions available

  • Richard Bown
    Apr 23, 2013
      On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:55:53 +0100
      Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:

      > On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:03:32 +0100
      > Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:
      >
      > > On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 03:20:35 -0000
      > > "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > The V2 is actually an E02 which is 1.2 Ghz. Sounds like you are still trying to install an
      > > > Epson driver on the little ARM devices since your mentioning foomatic and gutenprint
      > > > (apt-cache search foomatic or gutenprint). You should actually be installing that on your
      > > > desktop. What would be running on CUPS on the ARM devices is strictly pass-through so the
      > > > resolution there does not matter, only what you set on the desktop. The only thing pertinent
      > > > on the ARM device is that it have enough space to spool the raw data transmitted from the
      > > > desktop. You can also re-read Mike's previous reply
      > > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/message/8947 . If you did get the NSLU2 pass
      > > > through working then you should check the resolution settings on your desktop. Again, you
      > > > should probably read up on the concept of pass through/raw printing, since you seem to be
      > > > repeating the same process over and over (see
      > > > http://squeezesetup.wordpress.com/adding-a-cups-printer-server/ , its directions are about as
      > > > good as any). As for installing Wheezy, the process you mentioned of upgrading from Squeeze
      > > > works. The installation of Arch is pretty straight forward but you can go to their forum and
      > > > contact WarheadsSE or anybody else there and get some help.
      > > >
      > > Hi
      > > Yes I tried raw and the it gave the defaults low. I must have screwed it up some how,
      > > I did as suggested , add printer, select the USB printer displayed go to drivers section and
      > > select raw. I'll try pass though, I found a howto here,
      > > http://www.penguintutor.com/linux/printing-cups it refers to a PI , but the cups is the same.
      > > As for Arch ARM , thats been loaded 4 times now, followed /blogs/wikis verbatim , copy and paste
      > > but its not booting, if it is its not using its ethernet port. on the last boot I ran nmap on
      > > the address block where is should be and the other 254 subnets which took hours, but not an
      > > open port from it anywhere. . Is a 8GB flash drive too big ???, the NSLU2 didn't like anything
      > > larger than 4GB Looks like its use Debian .
      > > Does it make any difference which USB slot the flash is plugged in to ?
      > > I'll keep trying with getting it running with cups in pass thru
      > > thanks for the help
      >
      > A Bit more,
      > I cant even get debian squeeze to boot , I reduced the partition size to 2.5 GB with 500MB swap .
      > that was using
      > wget http://dev.shyd.de/dockstar/dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh that worked before .
      > It will boot up with no drive attached with the default passwd ceadmin.
      > ??

      And more
      I reloaded
      wget http://projects.doozan.com/uboot/install_uboot_mtd0.sh
      and reset uboot, it now boots in to the previously loaded flash disk loaded with Debian squeeze.
      So it looks like the uboot loader on the Arch Arm gets corrupted, and running the dockstar squeeze
      installer looks at the uboot version and does not reload before installing the OS.. not ideal and
      doesn't make any sense.

      Best wishes / 73
      Richard Bown

      Email : richard@...
      HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
      nil carborundum a illegitemis
      Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
      Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
      QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
      Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
      Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
      Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic