8968Re: woe. woe& thrice woe, or pogoplug print resolutions available

  • oddballhero
    Apr 22, 2013
      The V2 is actually an E02 which is 1.2 Ghz. Sounds like you are still trying to install an Epson driver on the little ARM devices since your mentioning foomatic and gutenprint (apt-cache search foomatic or gutenprint). You should actually be installing that on your desktop. What would be running on CUPS on the ARM devices is strictly pass-through so the resolution there does not matter, only what you set on the desktop. The only thing pertinent on the ARM device is that it have enough space to spool the raw data transmitted from the desktop. You can also re-read Mike's previous reply http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/message/8947 . If you did get the NSLU2 pass through working then you should check the resolution settings on your desktop. Again, you should probably read up on the concept of pass through/raw printing, since you seem to be repeating the same process over and over (see http://squeezesetup.wordpress.com/adding-a-cups-printer-server/ , its directions are about as good as any).
      As for installing Wheezy, the process you mentioned of upgrading from Squeeze works. The installation of Arch is pretty straight forward but you can go to their forum and contact WarheadsSE or anybody else there and get some help.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:

      > Hi ,
      > One new pogoplug arrived this morning.
      > I tried to install Debian Wheezy, but the installer seems broken, so I installed Squeeze and
      > upgraded to wheezy, Installed cups , but the available print resolution is very limited, and no
      > foomatic or gutenprint available.
      > So I thought I 'd try Arch , downloaded the tarball untarred it, rebooted and it just sat there
      > doing sweet nothing, the partition was made bootable.
      > So I went back to squeeze thinking if the foomatic and gutenprint package was available for a NSLU2,
      > which cant handle it, it should be there, but alas it isn't.
      > I Tried to get raw printing with the NSLU2 working but again the resolution is limited, |OK for a
      > page of text, but I do occasionally throw a high resolution pcb negative in the print queue.
      > What distros are available for a pogoplug that haven't reduced the available print drivers.
      > the epson drivers in the cups package just produce a solid black patch about 1cm x 3 cm on the top
      > LH corner of the page.
      > BTW its not pink and grey, black and clear, but still a V2
      >
      > --
      > --
      > Best wishes / 73
      > Richard Bown
      >
      > Email : richard@...
      > HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
      > nil carborundum a illegitemis
      > Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
      > Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
      > QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
      > Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
      > Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
      > Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic