8912newbie type question

  • Richard
    Apr 12, 2013
      Hi
      I was playing with my SLUG back in 2006, I may have loaded debian
      on it.
      At that time I didn't pursue it for long and I really didn't need any use for it.
      However, as time goes on and the arthritis progresses and sitting at the main computer upstairs becomes difficult, I now use my laptop 90% of the time.
      Leaving the machine on upstairs is wasting power as I only use it as a print server.
      I was thinking of getting a RaspberyPI to use as a print server, THEN I remembered the SLUG , which should be able to run cups.

      Sorry for the waffle, but here;s the problem, I can't remember what its ip address, passwords, username or anything.
      7 years is a long time.
      Can someone help me with what I need to do to get into it, if I power it up and connect it to the ethernet port on this laptop.

      Its a windows free zone here, the laptop is running Fedora FC18, so maybe one redeeming feature.
      Sorry for such a nooob question

      TIA
      Richard
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic