8790Re: [nslu2-general] PogoPlug Pro as Seedbox

  • John Hauser
    Nov 25, 2012
      i've used a pogoplug with optware running rtorrent to seed over 8,000 khan
      academy videos (psp version and desktop mp4 versions); about 90GB of files.
      in september and october of 2012, the pogoplug provided over 2TB of network
      traffic (on a 45mbps connection with torrent traffic rate limited to about
      13mbps) to bittorent users around the world.

      i've had a problem with the NTFS file system on the external drive that the
      torrents are on getting corrupted. the NTFS drive then needs to be detached
      from the pogoplug and connected to a windows machine to run chkdsk on the
      drive. (yes, i know the pogo includes usr/local/cloudengines/bin/chkntfs,
      but have you ever run it on a 500GB drive NTFS that's mostly full?)

      i'm in the middle of copying the files off to an ext3 filesystem to see if
      that will reduce the filesystem corruption issues.

      if you plan to be setup your seedbox someplace that's easily accesible,
      then the occasional need to umnount a drive and chkdsk it may not be an
      issue for you. mine is in a network closet that's 12 miles away and is hard
      to get permission to get to.